« Entrapment is Unconsciously Portrayed by Women Authors? | Main | The World of Poetry is Within the "World of Experience" Not Seperate »

March 1, 2007

Simple is Sweeter

Anonymous, ''Everyman'' -- Jerz EL312 (Literary Criticism)

Well, I am a dork and totally forgot we were supposed to blog on "Everyman" but, that's ok. Here I go now instead.

So the play was amazing, I thought. Of course, I always enjoy musicals so that probably helped. Before seeing it though, I was worried because as someone who has read the play several times as well as used it in a paper in the past, I knew I had a strong idea of what I thought the play should be like. Sometimes that makes it harder for me to enjoy a production unless it was portrayed the way I want it to be. But, I thought they did a great job and it really was not at all the way I saw it being enacted in my mind, I really enjoyed it. I liked how they chose to split the lines of Everyman up in order to have multiple actors play that character - i thought this was an effective way of showing how Everyman really represents every man. I also liked how there was never anyone backstage - all the actors and cast witnessed the play as it happened even if their character wasn't in the scene. It was simple, yet extremely effective. A play like this is so much better if kept simple as it was done.

Posted by LorinSchumacher at March 1, 2007 10:13 AM