« The Birth of a State | Main | EL 150 Blog Portfolio II »

April 4, 2007

Ramdom Wildcard on Blogging Thoughts - Big Classes vs Little Classes

All I can say is I am so grateful for Easter Break coming up. This semester has been my roughest yet, and I am not sure I can do another like it. Things have just been crazy busy. It makes me feel bad because I feel like my blogging suffers as a result. I look back on first semester freshman year and I think, wow I thought I had it bad then? What was I thinking? Ah how I miss those good of days of only 16 credits. But, I believe we are never given more than we can handle. But, I do miss having the small, close-knit EL250 class from freshman year. I think it makes blogging more effective because we all know each other and I felt like I got more comments. You would think that having more people would cause you to have more people in this class, but in this bigger class there are more people's blogs to choose from, so even if each person commented on different people's blogs the most comments anyone could really get is three, which is actually a decent number, but it is hard to hold a conversation when everyone only has time to leave the minimum amount of comments and no one returns to continue conversations. Which reminds me, we used to get confirmation emails when people commented on our entries so we knew to check the blog. Sometimes that was annoying if I had a ton of emails, but in general that saved me the trouble of checking my blog to see no comments on it, and it made me want to answer those comments because I felt special that people were commenting on my blog. It just seems as if someone has a good entry, everyone wants to blog on that entry an it is easier for the other blogs to be neglected. Oh well. There are certainly positives to the bigger class, too. Like now we have a lot more English majors at SHU which I am super excited about! YAY! Go English! Ok, now I am rambling. I should get to work on other stuff.

Posted by LorinSchumacher at April 4, 2007 9:53 AM