The End is Nigh

Well, it's that time of year again (and No, I don't mean Christmas) when students become antsy to get outside and run around and teachers heave a sigh of relief that they have survived another semester. So, with all of the latest papers and projects that have consumed me, I'm glad to write that this is one less thing I'll need to worry about (but I will miss the topics).

If you'd like to take a look at my last few blogs, then I suggest you start with Technology leaps and news follows, and Great minds think alike.

That's it for the projects, but the papers are still raging. But it's alright! I've finally rustled up some elusive print sources, in addition to a new example courtesy of Ellen Hopkins unique form of free form poetry-turned-novel in Crank and Glass! I'll also be picking up a few more final sources within the next day or so.

I basically have my entire paper mapped out, but I haven't had the time to sit down and begin typing all of my notes into my draft. This paper is scheduled to consume my Tuesday night and Wednesday working sessions (which equals all day on Wed.).

To wrap it up, I really thought that my final creative presentation on kinetic typography was good, but everyone's presentation was unique and interesting. I'm glad that I don't have to come up with another project idea, though I definitely had fun learning new concepts and seeing how inventive everyone in the class could be.

Well, I guess this is me signing off for this class, so I'll leave y'all with a Wonderful Summer Wish!

Tiffany Gilbert said:

Nice summary of your work. And I wanted to tell you...you stole that title from Professor Esaias. Hahaha. Kidding. Great work this semester, Maddie

Megan Seigh said:

Lovely! Yes, I too loved watching everyone's creative presentations because there were so many different ideas every single time! I never necessarily enjoyed coming up with an idea at first, but once I had it, I was always ready to go! Those days were a lot more relaxed than I anticipated. Also, good luck with your paper! I am still trucking along as well, but I hope it turns out they way I think it will! Sometimes these things surprise me haha. Anyway, enjoy summer!! But before that, I will see one last time in EL200!