A resume for the internet savvy ages

The third unit for my New Media Projects class involved coding a website from the source code up. This allowed my peers and I to gain an intricate, inside look at the basic code that we work with everyday on laptops, desktops, tablet computers, and more...and give us a new sense of appreciation for programs that simply make a simple webpage and slap it up on the internet. However, now we have the skills to make our labors of internet savvy radically stand out from those pages created by those simple webpage-creator programs.

My website, Maddie's Online Resume, showcases exactly what it is meant to: my resume and related job skills. My website shows employers my educational background, my previous work history, references, skills related to either my education or work, as well as how to best get in contact with me. And it even gives them the chance to meet me first with a short biography.

My website is not nearly complete, because I fully intend to use this online resume for as long as I can. I feel that it has the potential to be a significant tool to use in advertising myself to future employers.

If you'd like to check out the websites that my classmates have made, then check out them out here.