It may pay to remember this

Chapters 3, 5, 7 of How to Read Literature Like a Professor  

"There’s no such thing as a wholly original work of literature"

These chapters have really opened a new door for me. I realize that there are a lot of things that are remade like songs and movies but to find Alice in Wonderland in a book about Vietnam really made me stop and think about the not looking at a novel as a whole but as I am reading to open my mind to look for more things that are similar.  I may be reiterating my comment on the first assignment for Chapters 1 & 2 but I feel strong about the way these chapters are opening my eyes to how similar moments can fall into very different worlds.

I'm glad to hear it, Mary Jane. Although we have not had much time to discuss this text in class, I am very glad to hear this book is helping you to make the connections that lead to deeper understanding of the literary works.

I've thought a lot about this idea as well. I like how you said "how similar moments can fall into very different worlds" Thats an good way to sum up the use of the same scenarios in completely different works.