The Aftermath of Krug

Reading Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug has certainly turned out to be a worthwhile experience.  After reading the first few chapters of this book, it left me wondering how I would feel about the rest.

I enjoyed those first chapters immensely because of the matter-of-fact tone that Krug took on the whole thing.  As stated in one of my past blogs about Krug, the book was easy for me to read, understand, and connect with.  However, what I wondered was if I would be getting enough information (meaning it would be too easy) or it starts out like that but it will get a lot more tougher and confusing.

I learned the most about usability testing especially because we demonstrated that in Writing For The Internet.  There was a simple quote summing up the importance of this, "If you want a great site, you've got to test" (Krug 133). This is why I loved the simplicity of Krug. 

Well as it turns out, the book did not fool me and remained an interesting and informative piece for incoming web writers.  I thought this was up to date with the technical stuff...especially for me because I did not know some of that "beginners" information which was helpful to learn.  I suppose the only updates needed for a future book would be the software.  I am not full of knowledge on that subject but I know that updated software and techniques are always available so that would be my only suggestion for improvement.

Back to Class