Start the Race Strong and Finish the Race Strong

A point well taken!  Taken from Joseph M. Williams' book Style.  "But if the first few words of a sentence are worth special attention, so are the last few, because how you end the sentence determines how readers judge both its clarity and its strength," (Williams, 66).

I cannot tell you how many times I have "hacked" through a subject in one sentence just to reach the end and be done with it.  What I learning is how to provide the more familiar ideas into the beginning of a sentence or a paragraph so the reader is drawn in, and then express the more difficult thoughts and ideas to keep them intrigued.  I almost feel as though this is a trick on the readers!  But I like it, and I think this will be very helpful.

Will this take a long time to edit?  Possibly, but I am going to try write with more stress at the end of the sentence than I have before.  I know that I have learned something like this in the past, because I try and not let my sentences trail off into nothing at the end.  I want readers to become interested in what I'm talking about and after reading this chapter on Emphasis I recognize that it is important to always check the emphasis at the ends of everything I write. Seeing as it was important enough to put in this book, I will want to keep a closer eye on it on   my own writing.

I can't tell you how many sentences I have also "hacked" through just to get done with it. What sucks is I don't end up remembering much of the content of those sentences and then I have to reread them anyway.

Though I think putting the hard stuff at the end works, I wouldn't want to end the sentence on a difficult word or phrase either. Just like I would skm it if it were in the beginning of the sentence, I'd prolly skim at the end and not get the meaning.