Always More To Learn

"As Janet Murray (1991, 12) and others argue, the adventure game type of computer textuality is hardly one where the 'author' has given up control.  Rather, the user can be manipulated in new and powerful ways.  In a narrated, linear expression text, the user/reader/receiver's response and interpretation are beyond the control of the author, who can only hope that the text will be read from beginning to end," (138). --Aarseth, Cybertext.

This is right where I agree with Aarseth.  Sometimes when I am playing computer games, I do feel like it is supernatural and robotic and impossible to succeed which gives me great frustration.

However, I have to remember that it was another human being who made the game in the first place, which means that it can be beat.  I also agree that with the pure text games, I am not always reading all of the text, which the author probably wants me to do.  In that sense, the game IS out of the author's control because we might not be following what they want us to follow.  Although, they have the ability to steer us in the right direction.

I probably get more frustrated in the text games because of the fact that there are no pictures or movement and it forces me to read.  I never think of it as being challenged because I am usually too frustrated.  But, if they were not challenging then everyone would be satisfied and what fun is that?  As a result, I'll try to remember when playing these games that the author wants me to be frustrated; it's boosting my brain neurons...or something like that.

penny stocks said:

Hot penny stock videos, top hot internet stocks videos and internet stock picks, from constantly updated penny stock and internet stock boards, with top how to penny stock and internet stock trading videos. Thanks. penny stocks

seo agency said:

Great article, thanks we are part of a website network that digs articles and we dug yours and saved to favorites. If you approve out article we will give you a inlink back. Thanks seo agency

hydroponics said:

Nice Story. Hydroponics wholesale.com has been serving hydroponics customers under the same ownership since 1999. We sell all top hydroponics supplies, nutrients, digital ballasts, plant kits, grow boxes, hps lights, mh lights, multi flow systems, insect control, can fans, hydroponics kits and systems at discount prices.

13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
the man who gains understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver
and yields better returns than gold.
Proverbs 3:13-14 http://bit.ly/bYGKex