Easy To Say?

It's always nice to get a little reminder about poem conventions, but I found myself thinking that some of the stuff I hadn't actually heard of before. For example that there was a term for good sounds versus bad. "Euphony refers to words containing consonants that permit an easy and smooth flow of spoken sound...the opposite of euphony is cacophony, in which percussive and choppy sounds make for vigorous and noisy pronunciation" (Roberts 193).

I guess I had never really thought about some words being easier to say and others not being. It was interesting to see how Roberts managed to tie this in to how important this may be in a poem where it may change the way the work is read.

Kayla Lesko said:

I never heard of euphony either which had me thinking, "Some English major I am." But that's why we're taking the class.

There was a lot of stuff that I'd never heard of too. I don't think it's a bad thing that we've never heard of some of this stuff though. That's what college is for. And isn't it nice that, for once, this entire book *wasn't* a review?

Melissa Schwenk said:

Kayla and Jessie, I have to say that yes, it was definitely nice to learn something that I had never even heard about before. I was actually kind of excited until I realized it will probably take a few more times before it actually sticks though.