Clemens shows us family issues and personal growth...

In reading the first several chapters of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, we come to see that this poor boy is in good hands with Widow Douglas. But anyone who knows a family life where physical and mental abuse are a precursor can relate with the early chapters of this story.

Dead beat dad is the one person Huck never thought he would encounter until he shows up in his room one night. Does the down-and-out father want to rekindle his relationship with his son? Of course not. He heard Huck had money and wanted it. Not a loan. Not part. ALL of it.

"He chased me round and round the place, with a clasp-knife, calling me the Angel of Death and saying he would kill me and then I couldn't come back for him no more." I'm sorry to say I have been in this sort of situation before with an insane parent. These are the events that make a person stronger...so they say.