« Frye loves intertextuality. | Main | Maxim »

Do you really want to call it a mystery?

Swann, ''Whodunnit? Or, Who Did What? 'Benito Cereno' and the Politics of Narrative Structure'' -- Jerz EL312 (Literary Criticism)

"Benito Cereno" is a mystery story(Keesey 311).
Really? Do you really think it was a mystery story. Swann thinks so. He really thinks so. But I would argue that his essay was a mystery. What was he talking about? By the time I got to the middle of this essay I had to check and see if Melville had written it. Seriously, I don't get his point-beside his poorly argued idea of the story being a mystery. I thought he did a decent impression of Frye(the intertextuality thing he was trying to prove his mystery idea with). That was it. I was hoping for a strong finish and he didn't even give me that. I feel let down now.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on March 12, 2007 10:43 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Frye loves intertextuality..

The next post in this blog is Maxim.