« Against the establishment, against Earth! | Main | And I don't mean the jeans. »

Like humpty dumpty.

Keesey, Ch 6 (Introduction) -- Jerz EL312 (Literary Criticism)

Hence the broad claim that all the world, at least as it can be known to homo significans, is "text," and all understanding, all deciphering, is "intertextual" (Keesey 344).
I have a question, is this deconstructiong to find orgin, which then would be like intertextuality to better understand a text from what came before? This bit by Keesey, the whole intro confused me to no end. I have no clue what he was talking about. So I was wondering if someone could shed a little light my way to help me see.

Dave Moio:

Mitch,

Keesey goes on to explain that this is probably a stretch. He really is pointing out the methods used by structuralist's in determining the meanings of texts. He goes on to punch holes in their methods and then moves on to his description of poststructuralist criticism. I would focus more of my time comprehending this last section of Keesey's intro.Begin in the middle of Page 346 and read closely from there.

Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it works-peace

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on March 23, 2007 11:15 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Against the establishment, against Earth!.

The next post in this blog is And I don't mean the jeans..