« So now I can officially breathe again! | Main | I felt like I had seen this happen over and over »

Something inside.

Freud, ''The Uncanny'' -- Jerz EL312 (Literary Criticism)

uncanny sensations is created when there is intellectual uncertainty whether an object is alive or not, and when an inanimate object becomes too much like an animate one.
We have these feelings in us, and we envoke this "uncanny" idea on our own. Simple enough, I mean when we were younger-like the sandman, it was our own imagination. We made up this horrible creature from whet we know/knew evil to be. Now I ask, if i don't show my son any horrible ideas/things, would he then only have the sublime to refeer to when thinking about the horrible, or would he be able to create a horrible image on his own without having one to reference?

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on March 19, 2007 3:32 PM.

The previous post in this blog was So now I can officially breathe again!.

The next post in this blog is I felt like I had seen this happen over and over.