« Ideal Viewer(s) of Children's Cartoon(s). | Main | Culture soulds like Intertext. »

Culture and Lit together and happy.

Greenblatt, ''Culture'' -- Jerz EL312 (Literary Criticism)

"And if an exploration of a particular culture will lead to a heightened understanding of a work of literature produced within a culture, so too a careful reading of a work of literature will lead to a heightened understanding of the culture within which it was produced" (Keesey 438).

I guess this makes sense, a lot of sense. I really get this, esp if we break it down more, I mean looking at this through sports we can learn about the era of the game(s) by the records of the players of the time. And we can learn about the society by looking at the salaries of the players. I can see how this all goes hand and hand together. But I still feel firmly that the author key, not just culture.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on April 23, 2007 2:26 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Ideal Viewer(s) of Children's Cartoon(s)..

The next post in this blog is Culture soulds like Intertext..