« I miss you now, I guess, like I should have missed you then. | Main | Pass me the ketchup! »

But I'd never steal from Santa, cause that ain't right

Santa effing Clause!

The other night I was out shopping with the wife picking up some toys for Christmas. While we were at dinner I felt really good about what we got, especially the one gift that I knew my son would really love. So as I was sitting there drinking a beer when it just smacked me in the face. The truth that no matter how great of a present i bought my son, Santa Clause would get all the credit. And for a quick minute I got really upset with my wife for wanting my son to believe in the fat man. Honestly think about the whole Santa thing. Who is Santa? Santa is a grown man. A grown man who knows when you are sleeping and awake. He knows if you are good, and bad, he is always watching. He is also a grown man who sneaks into peoples homes, eats their cookies, wearing his red pj's and bearing gifts for the children, oh yeah-he sneaks out before anyone can catch him.. Nice guy to have your kids write letters to-only letting him know where to find them. See I kinda see Santa as a stalker, maybe someone Chris Hanson should be busting on his show . I can see Chris taling to santa as he comes up from the chimney: "So tell me Mr Clause, why are you bringing toys to little (insert child's name here) at 3:30 in the morning while all the parents are asleep?" or "And why is a grown man writing letters to little children and watching their every move?"
See Santa doesn't seem so nice now. I mean how is Santa any different from the other grown man who wears pj's, likes to talk to little kids, and bring them gifts: MJ?
Explain how Santa and Mike are so different, I'll tell you how: parents don't put their kids in line to sit on Michaels lap and have their picture taken with him, thats what.
So maybe I'm just a little bit jealous at Santa-I'm allowed. We as parents are the ones working, doing the best we can to give our kids the best Christmas each and every year and for what, so Santa can be the hero. I guess, because I know there is no way my wife is going to allow me to tell our son that HO Ho is not real. So I guess I will sit quietly and whine (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA), but I'm not sitting little man on any laps, no photos please.

You can always blame Santa for delivering the lump of coal. That's sort of the parental Pascal's Wager when it comes to Santa Claus.

Mitchell Steele:

I guess we ca, but the prolem is who really leaves the l. when we get the ift right-hoho/Santa gets the crit, get the gft wrong and you have a scapgoat. Iuess I justwnt my cake and able to eat it too.

Admin Author Profile Page:

Nobody ever promised that being a parent would be fair! Did you send a letter to Santa through the Education school? Helping them write that letter is a good way to find out what kids want.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on December 10, 2007 10:19 PM.

The previous post in this blog was I miss you now, I guess, like I should have missed you then. .

The next post in this blog is Pass me the ketchup!.