living life

In Robert Frost's poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay", I believe it talks about life and how nothing can stay perfect.  At first glance it may seem perfect just like gold, but like the poem says that it very hard to hold on to. I also thought of how "Nature's first green.." could mean being young and how life is easy when you are young, but as you get older you encounter grief in your life. Nothing can stay easy and life in general gets harder and changes. "So dawn goes down to day." means that time passes by and when it happens nothing gold or "good" can stay.

Or perhaps it also means everyting dies. I picked this up from someone else's blog only I can't find where that was. Perhaps "dawn goes down to day" is like aging from a child to adult and what follows adult? Old age? Sunset?

Rosalind Blair said:

I took this poem to indicate not death itself, but the destruction of good things. Heartbreak always comes it seems, not matter how much effort is taken to prevent it. In order to live a fulfilling life, you must learn to accept defeat, learn from it, and posses the ability to move on.