« Cover page for Blog Entry 2 | Main | Crime reporting background info »

Hamlet act 1and 2

Shakespeare, Hamlet (Acts 1 & 2) -- Drama as Literature (EL 250)

Hamlet: The plays the thing Wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king.

I liked alot of llnes in this play. This one did it for me the most. Don't those words just send a shiver up your spine? You can really feel the revenge Hamlet has out for Claudius. The oddest thing about this play is that for the first time in my life, I am actually really enjoying Shakespeare.

Posted by RachelPrichard at October 16, 2005 10:54 PM

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it. Have you read Hamlet before?

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at October 17, 2005 8:24 AM

When I first had to read Shakespeare, I never thought I would enjoy it either, but the more I was forced to read it, perform it, and learn about it, the more I realized how brilliant Shakespeare was. And now, I very much enjoy Shakespeare's plays and sonnets. I'm happy to know you have grown to like it too.

Posted by: Lorin Schumacher at October 17, 2005 10:43 PM

Haha Rachel, I like the lines as well. It's interesting to note that in lines like these, Shakepeare would incorporated a rhyme to signify a scene change. Shakespeare is enjoyable for me to read as well.

Posted by: Andy LoNigro at October 19, 2005 10:14 PM

Rachel, I know what you mean. A lot of the lines in Hamlet really get to you. I really feel like i am playing him and that i am in his mind. I know what he is feeling, it is very powerful.

Posted by: Denamarie at October 19, 2005 10:42 PM

I can also see what you mean. A lot of the lines really stuck out and made this reading fun. I don't like many Shakespeare plays but this one was entertaining.

Posted by: Danielle Meyer at October 20, 2005 1:44 PM

Yes Rachel, I also liked the play. Like all of the Shakespeare's tragedies, it keeps you on the edge of your seat.Hopefully, Dr. Jerz won't go overboard about the work and the blogging (lol) just joking.

Posted by: KevinHinton at October 20, 2005 8:20 PM

I wasnt sure if i would be able to get into the language shakespeare used but im starting to pick up some of his humor for instance in act 2 when he has hamlet macking Polonius with sarcasm, "Let her not walk i' the sun: comception is a blessing; but as your daughter may conceive- friend, look to 't"

Posted by: Joshua at December 18, 2007 6:46 PM