« MySpace - Social experiment | Main | The future is coming on »

Maturing Online

"Reading Boyd's essay made me feel my age. This is not a bad thing... at 37 I'm still a young scholar, but the online landscape I've been studying for years is changing faster than I can master it. I'm realizing that each time I teach "Writing for the Internet" or "New Media Projects," the course will be practically brand new."

I think any student who uses the internet on a daily basis can appreciate professor Jerz's awareness that the times they are a changin. I guess it must be hard be teaching classes that involve the internet and how it affects us when the internet is always changing. For the older generation, todays technology is overwhelming, especially since it involves their children and their childrens communication skills.
I guess a teenager finding themsleves these days is measured in their myspace or facebook page. After going through several online identities they find one that suites them. I think even in myown past I was a little lame in my online use, but i have matured in it in the past few years. I can actually thank Professor Jerz for helping me mature in how I use the internet.

Posted by RachelPrichard at September 19, 2006 3:17 PM