« Catch my attention wth simplicity! | Main | Project Proposal EL 236 »

surprise surprise

"Had a pharoh been given detailed and explicit designs of an automobile, and had he understood them completely, it would have taxed the resources of his kingdom to have fashioned the thousands parts for a single."

The article written by bush seemed kind of confusing and irrelevant as i first started to read it. I was kind of confused. I did relate to Bush talking about how in society people usually have the resources to do things. It is just not in societies need to do some things. The pharoh did not have the need for a car hence why he didnt try to figure out how to make one. As with technology, even today we still have resources to make incredible discoveries that would probably help society. Our attention now though is on what technology is doing to us presently. Though there are alwyas those out there who are looking toward the future needs of the world, most of us just want to know how to get the damn computer to stop freezing.
I found it funny how this article was written in 1945, yet he talks of word processing and the advances in it at that time. Also the discussion about brittanica and wikepedia opened my eyes to how much of an advancement that he was talking about has come true.

Posted by RachelPrichard at September 29, 2006 4:40 PM