« E 405 - response to the Taylor blog and Cochran blog | Main | EL 405 - IF Revison »

EL 405 - beta testing experience

Though I have never been a fan of inform 7 or gaming, you could even say that I downright loathe them. However, when the class started getting into the beta testing last week, I got curiously interested a little more. I think it is more of the interaction and testing itself that really got me. I like the idea of someone taking a part in something I work on, even if it isnt that good. Maybe that is why I am a writer. I've tried before to try to tie inform 7 to writing, but there really seems to be no tie. So on the thought that I may have just been enjoying inform 7 at the moment, I feel like I got alot out of the beta testing.
I'm going to work on trying to add more to the game so the details I have set up will be more playable. Mind anyone in the class who may play my game, I doubt I'll have every cardinal directions done, but at least one of even two. Another thing I found from testing was how people reacted to the steps I figured they woudl take. They either did exactly what I was thinking or the exact opposite. It was an interesting observation of people in general I found. I just hope that the rest of my game can turn out to get a good reaction from players.

Posted by RachelPrichard at October 14, 2008 10:28 PM