« EL 405 - IF Revison | Main | »

EL 405 - Flash journalism - intro and part 1

" This book does not attempt to tell you everyting you about Flash. the idea is to tell you what you need to know, in order that it makes sense." (intro xvii)

I like the book so far because it is explaining to me simply the how and why of the book. So far I feel that this book will be a good journalistic guide that I can use in the future. The examples the author gives of his own experience with first seeing flash make me confident that this part of the class can hone journalism skills. I liked doing the podcasts back in media lab. I have always been a fan of the NPR style of reporting usinf audio. I see that I could somehow also work that into the slideshow work that is used in Flash. Flash also seems to be able to get some real feedback from an audience. As a writer, it makes me feel good to know people want to read my work, or that someone wants a copy of the Setonian. I think Flash takes that kind of audience feedback to a new level also.

Posted by RachelPrichard at October 23, 2008 1:39 PM

That's a nice quote to pick out. It made me think of how the book/author is allowing you to form your own creative ideas without introducing absolutely every miniscule detail about the program. Of course leaving your mind to imagine what you will for invention.

Posted by: Tiffany Gilbert at October 27, 2008 7:31 PM