« Eyeballs on my blog | Main | EL 405 Final Project Main Blog 1 »

December 1, 2008

reflection on EL 405 project

So this is one of my only blogs for my final project of making my inform 7 game more than it was earlier in the semester.

Since this was my second time delving into inform 7, I was somewhat familiar with the genre and the coding. I have to say that as I worked on a slower and more "bit by bit" basis, I was able to gain more of an understanding on the technicalities of the game.

For now I have bought the game to better and more complete piece of work than I ever thought I would be able to make. Through a bunch of "aha" moments as I like to call them and some alpha and beta tests, I have found out what to include in a game and why I should put them there.

Though inform 7 was not one of my favorite things to learn, it is interesting to see how I have come such a long way from Writing for the internet to the game I have made now.

Posted by RachelPrichard at December 1, 2008 12:14 AM

Inform 7 was frustrating in that I had to work on it in increments: one specific section had to be completed before the next could be, regardless of whether you could program the rest. The class time flew by for me. I kind of hated the fact that 30 minutes of programming would result in only a small amount of progress-but I tend to make things harder for myself. As the game progressed, I found that the "complicated" commands were easier to program by myself. I had a vague idea of what would and would not work.

Posted by: Daniella Choynowski at December 1, 2008 11:43 PM

That is always a good end result. I guess there was a reason we learned Inform 7. I personally do not like it.

Posted by: Jeremy Barrick at December 2, 2008 10:38 AM