"Much Ado About Nothing"

"Mrs. Page: Well, I will muse no further. Master Fenton, Heaven give you many, many merry days! Good husband, let us every one go home, and laugh this sport o'er by a country fire; Sir John and all."

This quote basically ended the play and I liked its comedic aspect. It led to a feeling of relief that every one could be civil with one another. This quote reminded me of the end of Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" because that play also involved a comedic conflict between the sexes and ended with a fairly happy quote. This type of ending makes the reader feel like all that trouble was a big joke and that the turmoil that the characters went through was unnecessary. Then again, if there had been no turmoil, then there would have been no story. The line within the quote above from MWW that made me feel like everything was "okay" was "let us every one go home, and laugh this sport o'er a country fire." The key word here is "laugh." This also reminded me of family conflicts: the family schemes against one another, doesn't talk, and fights, but then comes to an understanding, or not an understanding, and realizes how stupid the issue really was.

Ally Hall said:

This last line somewhat reminded me of another Shakespeare play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream". At the end, Puck say something along the lines of "if we have offended you, then forget about this because it's over" and he sends everyone off on their way. Great observation, Richelle, to notice how some of his plays relate to each other.

Jessie Farine said:

I picked a similar quote, but it was Page's response to Fenton marrying Anne Page. I thought it was sort of unbelievable that the parents were just like, "Oh, so Fenton married you? Well, that's just fine and dandy!" The ending of the play is almost like a sit-com: Everything comes together, all the problems are resolved, and everyone goes home happy and laughing together. How perfect.