Portfolio 2

Well, we’re more than halfway done with the Spring Semester and I must say that I have enjoyed my Introduction to Literary Study course. Of course, there were some negative aspects, but overall, I have positive feelings toward this course. Below are my blog entries that covered coverage, timeliness, depth, interaction, and discussion. Enjoy!

Coverage

So Much More - I included a link in this blog that goes back to the page on the course website about this particular assigned reading.

Timeliness

Lost Souls - this blog was about the article on the Misft in Flannery O’ Connor’s short story “A Good Man is Hard to Find.” I wrote this early because I enjoyed the article a lot and wanted my ideas to get out there sooner than later so my fellow classmates could read them.

Interaction

Always Unsatisfied with that Burning Desire

Remember That?

Small Job=Big Appreciation

Out of Order

That Magical Place, but There is No Magical Place

Depth

Pain is Always Too Real - in this blog, I went into depth because I was relating my own personal experience to the boy’s situation in Flannery O’Connor’s “The River.”

Always Unsatisfied with that Burning Desire - in this blog, I referred to what I have been learning in my Faith, Religion, and Society class, which is how we are born with a fire that drives us to do something, which is our spirituality.

Lifelong Learning - this blog shows depth because I talked about how I want to be a teacher and how much I like to learn

Small Job=Big Appreciation - this blog shows depth because I explained why low wage jobs should earn just as much respect as those that require college degrees.

You’re Simple - this blog shows depth because I referred to modern day usage of the word “simple.”

Cocky Much? - this blog shows depth because I questioned the author Truss’ intention of her book “Eats, Shoots, and Leaves.”

Why? It’s Obvious - this blog shows depth because I gave specific examples as to why I thought that the apostrophe is misused.

Pathetic? - this blog shows depth because I wrote about my personal confusion with this term.

Discussion

Foreshadowing and Characterization in “A Good Man is Hard to Find” - this blog was written by Erica Gearheart, and I commented on how well she analyzed the title of this short story by Flannery O’Connor.