After a year, Guitar Hero still holds my interest

This morning I woke up with the urge to play an intense game of guitar hero. After having the game for a little over a year, not to mention playing it with my best friend almost every day in our dorm, the game still holds a rocking place in my heart.  I'll admit that I'm a geek when it comes to video games; I even dedicated one of my summers a few years ago to beating one of the spyro games with my brother.  There is just something about living in that alternate world that gets the juices to my brain flowing, and my imagination started up!  Now for those of you that don't know me very well, I am a HUGE music buff.  I couldn't imagine going a day without listening to it, nor could I go anywhere without my Zune.  Sometimes, I think Guitar Hero was made just for me :]

For those new to the game, Guitar Hero is made to simulate the concert atmosphere for a typical rocker. With tracks ranging from artists such as Disturbed, Pat Benetar, and Slipknot, you're bound to find one of your favorite songs on there to rock out too. The object of the game is to hit the notes on your personal styled guitar in the same coordinates as the song plays. When you hit a certain amount of notes, you get 'star power' and get to throw your guitar up and 'rock out' like Bret Michaels and Journey! Talk about feeling like a rock star! No wonder the game gets addicting! I mean who doesn't want to rock out on stage?

I'll admit that to this day, I still find myself addicted to the game.  I have worked myself up to the expert level, but am no where near as sick as some people are on the game.  For instance, "Through the Fire and Flames" is the hardest level on the game, and there are some people that can play it without missing a note.  Check out this kid and rock on.

Chelsea said:

Stephy - I'm glad to hear that you are keeping up with your skills over summer break. (Even though you cannot use guitar hero as a reason to procrastinate now.) I must admit that I'm missing it A LOT being at camp and having very little contact with the "real world." Hope you're well hun!

Stephanie Wytovich said:

Awe I know it's addicting huh? I'm doing pretty well, working a LOT but it will all be worth it next semester when I'm running low on cash! I miss you hun!! I hope you're not hating it too bad at camp haha! Show those little kids who is boss! :)