« My victims in IF | Main | TelPodTal 2007! »

Richly Linked Entry=My Progress

Well, it all started with my first blog entry back in September of 2006. However recently, I have been through a bunch of Beta Testing for my IF game. I haggled a few victims to test my IF game. What an experience that was! For one of my victims, I had to explain very little about Interactive Fiction, and he caught on very quickly but failed to find the humor in it. Anyways, for my other victim, she was more difficult, but appreciated my humor. In the end she didn't understand the game. It reminded me of myself as I was confused on how not to pick up the Phonebooth. Through Beta-testing my IF game, I noticed it is an easy way to pick up on mistakes and fix them to make your game more playable. Overall, I thought IF games were fun, but making them is really hard. I have the right imagination, but the code is very difficult. Overall, I think my progress is going along great. I'm not as lost as I used to be and Karissa and Paul help me out alot. I should have befriended them sooner! :)

Awww, Tiffany! :D I'm glad that I was able to help! Plus, working with you is so much fun that I forgot that I didn't like IF and that I didn't like beta testing... You're awesome, and I totally think that you kicked this course's butt. Haha :)

I've gotta admit, I'm getting jealous of your presentation skills here Tiffany. I liked your blog because it was like your CA100 page, to the point but still showing what you learn. congratulations.

It was really hard for me to learn the whole IF genre at first, too! I definitely should have asked for help earlier, because I probably would've gotten a lot further that way. The upperclassmen can be great a great help, especially since many of them have taken classes like this one before.

You only linked to others blogs, link to web sites. That makes the blog more pleasing.

Heh, damn right I help you out alot. What would you do if you didn't know people as cool as me and Karissa? ;-)

looks like someone got into usability testing. I think it is a good thing to understand that using a "practice" audience is a key thing in IF games. I mean usability testing is used in alot the things we use in everyday life. I think you grasp the basic things an If game user gets out of it very well. I also liked your line about how you can always dream, but the coding is hard. Thats a nice reality check about the tedious thing that is If coding.