Going insane over yellow wallpaper

The Yellow Wallpaper 

It seems to me that the narrator is somewhat delusional. She talks of her "condition" and how nobody believes she is sick except for a temporary nervous depression. It appears that she has had a breakdown of some sort and maybe she is really in an institution, not a summer home. She speaks of taking phosphates or phosphites and is forbidden to work. "I have a schedule prescription for each hour in the day, he takes all care from me, and so I feel basely ungrateful not to value it more." (Gilman) If she is on medication and locked up in a room, is it no wonder she becomes part of that room. She becomes so absorbed with the yellow wallpaper, that she actually believes she becomes the woman within it and actually goes insane.

I agree that she is not anywhere but in an insane asylum and her fantasy of "her husband" is from her illness. I think the doctor just plays along to keep her as calm as possible.