Pride for America

The First Amendment is the state of mind that is what the seminar recently stated as they had some constructive criticism for the speakers and the efforts. There are no First Amendment responsibilities.hmmmm.  The press doesn't have to be fair in order to be free. hmm i don't agree!

I think that the press should always attempt to be fair obviously to certain extents the miraculous events that take place that prevent that can be tied to the first amendment. Sometimes there is no east way to report certain things. The first amendment states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." I think that the first amendment in regards to the readings is important in the expectations foe reports that are writing the articles and their attempt to be some what fair or unbiased though they might not always meet the  standards they just complete and forget.

For example, "53% of Americans said they believed the press has too much freedom. I think that the press does have a lot of freedom. Though what do you think the extent of their freedom is? I think that after reading the "Fairness and the First Amendment" I have been able to gain more knowledge on the press and what they are capable. The press is like no other industry in American society. It strives on reporting information and the spot light on the wrong and actions of what is happening in the world. The justification that I gathered from this reading is that truthfully the First Amendment is established but is it an overdose of freedom in the eye of America? Under certain conditions is the establishment of free rights being exercised sufficient? The constitutional rights are the rights but we must understand the first amendment at its very best.

When all else fails what we read we judge I do believe.