To Investigate the Future

"It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper."

It was interesting while reading to find out that while still well below minority represenataion in the national population, has come from almost zero to nearly 12%. That was intersting to me. I tryed to look up further statistics but all I could seem to find was statistics on realtion to the amount of internet use for online newspapers rather than the information on employees and there statics in the newspaper field.

I also found it interesting the coverage of minoriteis. So I looked further in to the "melting pot theory"-  (the metaphor was used to describe the fusion of different nationalities, ethnicities and cultures). The effect that America as a whole has and the ability we have to include mutiple minorities in news stories but don't always take the time. In my research these are some of the articles I found on information and articles in referece to the roundtables of our class reading and how they relate to the understanding and importance of including the widespread view of mulitple ethnicitys, and the correspondance of writing in a community or national stance.

Temple University News

Growing Diversity

"The census calculates that by 2042, Americans who identify themselves as Hispanic, black, Asian, American Indian, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander will together outnumber non-Hispanic whites. Four years ago, officials had projected the shift would come in 2050. The main reason for the accelerating change is significantly higher birthrates among immigrants. Another factor is the influx of foreigners, rising from about 1.3 million annually today to more than 2 million a year by midcentury, according to projections based on current immigration  policies."

I found this to be interesting to our topic and where the overall role of jobs and jobs realted to newswriting would play a part.

I also after reading found it intersting to do my research on my own of lawsuits in regards to biased news and the assumptions that people have and how they go about defending their own point of view in all reality. Their is no one stance on the justification of negative biasness I think that we all have come acrossed it at some point. Can you remember a time when you have?

I beleive that the recomendtions given in the readings of the book were very good. I think that after researching I get a bettr idea on the low rates of focus in the different ethnicitys of pubulished news and how there could one day be a rebound effect where we are the minority. I really thought about this becuase this is the time  when I will be looking for a job and maybe already emploeyed and I could very well be the minority. I think that news needs to have a more diverse pool overall to allow for more equality in published materials of news organizations.