Fall 2012 Political Reporting Internships
Interested in getting first-hand journalism experience covering Pennsylvania politics?
PoliticsPA, Pennsylvania’s longest-running political news website, is seeking talented individuals to contribute to our news coverage throughout the Commonwealth.
This fall will be a busy one in Pa. Politics: presidential candidates are sure to visit; both parties are beginning to wrangle with newly redistricted congressional maps; and a number of races are heating up on the state level as well.
Interns will have the chance to gain journalism experience and a stronger understanding of Pennsylvania politics. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to build a portfolio with published political writing.
Internship openings are available for the Fall 2012 semester. The position is flexible and applicants are welcome from all parts of PA, from Philadelphia, to Erie, to Coudersport.
Intern duties include:
- Writing news stories.
- Monitoring press releases, regional news outlets, and blogs for relevant source material.
- Covering political and government events.
- Conducting other research, including taking transcripts.
- Applicants must have strong writing skills.
- Applicants must have working knowledge of Pennsylvania politics.
- Applicants must possess strong research skills.
- A minimum commitment of 15 hours per week with specific times based on news events.
The strongest applicants will have a background in politics or journalism. Positions are unpaid. Please send a resume, cover letter and a brief (1-2 page) writing sample to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Email Keegan Gibson email@example.com with any questions.
For full details, see this PDF: PoliticsPA Fall Internship Opening