The Book Thief Prologue and Part One.

I think it’s pretty cool how death is the narrator for the book because usually authors assign one the characters to narrate the story. This is different because instead of seeing the life of each character through their eyes, you’re seeing it through deaths eyes. This is also a unique and interesting way to write a book because out of all the books I have read the narrator was always the main character. The beginning of this book is sad because Liesel watches her little brother die in her mothers arms as their on the train. It’s also disappointing because Liesel was going to live with a new family and she had no type of family to feel comfortable around while being there. Rosa didn’t seem like much of a welcoming guest  towards Liesel, and it makes you wonder if she has had any kids of her own. I feel as though Rosa was only in the fostering to get the money. On the other hand Hans was very welcoming towards Liesel, and you could tell it would make her feel at home. My favorite part of part one is when Liesel meets Rudy because he was the only welcoming kid. You could tell that they were going to be good friends, which was a great start. Especially for Liesel since she had just lost her brother and her mom was gone.

Posted by danisharogers   @   27 January 2015

Like this post? Share it!

RSS Digg Twitter StumbleUpon Delicious Technorati Facebook

Feb 5, 2015
7:33 pm
#1 great blog :

You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation however I in finding this topic to be really something which I believe I might by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very vast for me. I’m taking a look forward in your next submit, I’ll try to get the dangle of it!

Feb 9, 2015
2:22 pm
#2 danisharogers :

What do you mean?