« Marriage and Family Therapy Information Session | Main | Senior Sleepover »

What topics do you want to learn more about?

I am currently taking News Writing. This week we are discussing how blogs are a way to have your voice heard. I am a student, and I try to provide information to help current and prospective students learn more about Seton Hill. The blog is also a chance for students to ask questions or offer suggestions. What topics or activities would you like to learn more about?

Posted by JennaOBrocto at November 15, 2005 8:23 PM

Does the admissions office have connections with graduate studies? What do they do to better inform students about preparations for graduate studies?

Comment by: mike d. at November 16, 2005 3:16 PM

What are the number of nontraditional students enrolled in the regular, non-ADP program and what's the ratio of commuter vs. resident students.

Comment by: NancyGregg at November 16, 2005 5:38 PM

Thank you for the comments Nancy and Mike. I have created entries to answer your questions.

Comment by: Jenna O'Brocto at November 17, 2005 11:27 AM

I think that this is a great site for everyone to put in their voice. I wanted to know why you can not recieve your masters in secondary education here? I thought that is was weird how every other level you can get your masters except secondary. Why is that?

Comment by: Denamarie at November 28, 2005 10:10 AM

That is a great question. I am a secondary education major, so I have often wondered this same question. As of right now Seton Hill is not planning on any graduate secondary education degrees. Seton Hill does offer a graduate degree in Elementary and Special Education. The school thinks it is better to stay focused on these two areas, and provide a more comprehensive and complete program for these two areas, then try to start yet another one. I think it makes a lot of sense, because through working in the Graduate Office I have seen the amount of time and effort that goes into creating a new graduate program. I hope this helps.

Comment by: Jenna O'Brocto at December 4, 2005 6:47 PM