My Learning Curve

American Literature 1915 - present's requriement to blog was initially frustrating and extremely intimidating. We are reading a novel every one to two weeks and responding online before our weekly class to prepare for class discussions. I had never blogged before in a class situation or otherwise. It is evidenced through my timeliness that I always made an effort, but it took time for me to become comfortable writing in depth entries. A transformation from being timid and unsure of both my interpretation and bloggings skills to being confident in my ability to perform a close-reading and convey my opinions through my blog is obvious as the time stamp on my blogs tracks the passing of time - and growth.

Coverage and Timeliness - Initially all my blogs were simply "coverage" because I was uncomfortable blogging and putting my opinion out there.

"Time Machine"

"The Chicken or the Egg"

For the following four blogs (the first blogs) I did not know we had to include a link back to the class website so I added the link later on. They were, however, completed on time and constitute "coverage."

"Putting Idealism in its Place"

"Slow Surrender"

"Reality Check"

"Fake it Till Ya Make it"

Timeliness - I am proud to say I blogged and commented on time every week. This links to some of my comments. My blogs above were on time as were all those listed in "depth" and "interaction."

"The Great Gatsby" - Alicia Campbell

"To everything, turn, turn, turn, there is a season, turn, turn, turn" - Matt Henderson

"Rose Knows All" - Jennifer Prex

"Gone Mad" - Chelsie Bitner

Interaction - Interacting with peers in an online format is new experience for me. It was difficult to adjust to, but I think I finally managed to bee able to interact through blog entries.

"Buried Brilliance"

"Murderess or Victim?"

Depth - As my comfort level with blogging and interpreting the literature increased, my blog entries grew in length and depth.

"Buried Brilliance"

"Murderess or Victim"

"Why Leave Geography in the History Classroom?"

"The Choice of a Lifetime - Literally"

"Dirty, Ignorant, Sexual Maniacs Who Remain Optimistic"

Discussion

"Always on the Go" - Jennifer Prex

"Offstage importance" - Julianne Banda

"Prison Walls and Scrap Piles" - Christopher Dufalla

http://jerz.setonhill.edu/EL267/2009/03/portfolio_1/

Great blogging, and a wonderfully candid portfolio entry. Keep up the good work, Alyssa.