June 21, 2004

What's that smell?

My room is clean.

I have no dust, dirt, lint, or...mold.

Mold? you ask.

Yes, mold. Lying in bed, I could barely stand the smell.

I washed my dirty clothes. Since I have been swimming a lot lately, I thought I may have a problem with the wet clothes in the hamper. Nope. Still smelly.

Then came the next attack: off-brand air freshener. Big mistake. Now I had the combination of an old bouqet and the unmistakable illusive odor.

Walking over to the windows, I noticed my decorative pitcher was not decorative anymore, the entire bottom was full of darkened water.

I emptied it, and it finally struck; when I was away at orientation on Thursday night, it had rained into my bedroom--onto my carpet. The mold was right there beneath my feet.

Unfortunately, the mold/mildew had also spread to my linens in the cedar chest that sits beneath my windows. I thought I had opened some kind of bog as I was cleaning.

And before I get chastised for not closing my windows, I would just like to intimate the matter further. I left a note on my dry-erase board, stating, quite clearly, to close my windows if it would rain. Why not do it myself? It was hot, and closing them would mean stagnant air and suffocation for the upper floor of my house. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating, but I thought I was doing a good deed.

The mold has been vanquished, however. I foamed the carpet and sent the linens to the big monster downstairs.

I guess I have learned a very valuable lesson, one that will not mold with age--sorry that was really cheesy. HAHA. I can't stop myself.


Posted by Amanda Cochran at June 21, 2004 7:06 PM
Comments

"I guess I have learned a very valuable lesson, one that will not *mold* with age--sorry that was really *cheesy.* HAHA. I can't stop myself."

Even funnier, Amanda, is the fact that cheese IS a mold... oh goodness... you're funny and you don't even realize it!

Sorry about your live-in bog. I hope that mold is gone before I come over. Mold stimulates my asthma. Yipe!

Posted by: Karissa at June 22, 2004 10:28 PM

I know, that's what I was laughing about. I couldn't stop punning. Good times on the blog. :-)

The mold is gone. I can't smell it anymore. Besides, when you come over, we won't be spending very much time indoors.

Posted by: Amanda at June 23, 2004 1:38 AM
Post a comment









Remember personal info?