« Flannery O'Connor may be my new favorite author lol.......(O'Connor, The River Pg 33) | Main | "The River"...........(Flannery O'Connor) »

Allusion........(Hamilton Pg 74)

"An allusion is a passing reference in a work of literature to another literary or historical work, figure, or event, or to a literary passage" (Hamilton 74).

Whenever we were studing what Allusions were in my High School English Class, I never understood what my teacher was trying to say. I read the definition of "Allusion" in Hamiltons book, and I understand it clear as day. I dont know if its because of the wording or if my mind developed more over the years, but I really like hamiltons book because I understand the definition, its not put into terms i cannot understand and I like that.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tbasiut8dsfh.cgi/13077

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 27, 2008 8:28 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Flannery O'Connor may be my new favorite author lol.......(O'Connor, The River Pg 33).

The next post in this blog is "The River"...........(Flannery O'Connor).