« This made me wanna scream sort of lol ..............(Foster Pg. 89) | Main | This is very true__(Foster Pg. 97) »

This is really beautiful......(The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock)

"I have seen them riding sewared on the waves........till human voices wake us, and we drown" (Thomas Stearns Elliot)

I specifically want to point out the last paragraph of lines in "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" because it yes it was the end but it didn't feel like it was the end and it is such a beautiful passage. You can almost see the image of the ocean and waves in your mind and thats what I really liked about this particular passage. It got me involved a lot with the way the words were used, it was kind of a play on words in there as well, I am pretty sure, it seemed like it to me. But basically, thats why I choose this last passage, I don't know if anyone is gping to be able to agree with me and thats fine but I hope what I am trying to say here is understandable for everyone.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tbasiut8dsfh.cgi/12665

Angela Palumbo:

I agree that the way he says this is very attractive. I do like how he personifies the waves, making the ocean a lady as sailors refer to it. I can close my eyes and imagine this scene, which is one of the reasons I like it so much. You should look at Jim Warren's painting Island Dreams.

Angelica Guzzo:

I like how you described ythe beauty in the passage. I agree that the words are beautiful.

Greta Carroll:

Andrea, I like this passage too. When I read the last line, I actually shivered, “and we drown” (line 131). It is so powerful. The sea was a good choice on Eliot’s part. Picture yourself out at sea, all by yourself. It is a very solitary, introspective image. And the line right before the last stanza: “I do not think that they will sing to me” (line 125), helps highlights the loneliness and separateness J. Alfred Prufrock feels.

Kaitlin Monier:

I agree, that passage is worded well and uses effective imagery. When I read it, I can see the ocean also. I can smell and hear it too. It seemed like an abrupt ending, but it was effective because while we are imagining the ocean thinking the poem is going to continue, it stops. We are woken up.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 12, 2008 6:03 PM.

The previous post in this blog was This made me wanna scream sort of lol ..............(Foster Pg. 89).

The next post in this blog is This is very true__(Foster Pg. 97).