TIME TIME TIME TIME TIME

"I keep myself busy. Time goes faster that way." (1)

Alright, I would first like to say that I do enjoy this book, because it is pretty unique and I feel is written quite well (besides some blatant sex scenes that are pretty much porn). However, the constant references to time throughout the book just seem a little bit of overkill. It jumps out right at the beginning of the book (that quote is at the end of the first paragraph) and does not go away. Yes, this is a book about time travel, and its effects on people, but I sometimes feel like it is a bit overkill. When comparing it to a novel such as Invisible Man, which makes many great points about people through their actions, and not just saying that racism is bad over and over and over again. It's like this saying that used to tell us in high school, that we are supposed to "show and not tell". Maybe it's just me, but it kind of got on my nerves. This was really just a mild oversight in the grand scheme of things though, because the story itself is so rich and the characters are so deep.