These guys are goofs!

Bard: Why, sir, for my part, I say the gentleman had drunk himself out of his five sentences-

Evans: It is his five senses.  Fie, what the ignorance is!  (The Merry Wives of Windsor Shakespeare  I.i.178-181)

I thought that this scene was funny.  Some of these guys are imbeciles.  They use the wrong words and do things of the like.  If you can actually figure out what they're trying to say, it's hilarious.  The play would be boring without their follies.

By the way, I can relate anything to Pirates of the Caribbean.  Check out Jessie's blog to see what I mean.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/JessieFarine/2008/02/monty_python_and_the_merry_wiv.html

Angelica Guzzo said:

True it can be funny after you look up the meanings.Do you like it so far?

Jessie Farine said:

Yeah, Shakespeare does a great job of characterizing these guys with their wrong word choices, among other things. It really gives these character, and the play as a whole, an interesting flavor.

To answer your question honestly Angelica, it's alright. I enjoy Shakespearean tragedies more than his comedies. I found it really hard to understand, seemingly harder than most of his other works. What about you?

Hahaha, I loved this scene. I could almost see it acted out in my head. Five sentences...I might have to give that a try sometime in everyday conversation and see if anybody catches it. :P
I agree with you; Shakespeare really has given these characters flavor. I have not seen a whole lot of depth to them yet though, but maybe he does not want them to be that complex.
Good analysis, Angela.
P.S. I found this drama harder to understand as well.

Hold onto these first impressions so that you can compare them to when you actually see the play performed.

Oh and by the way, now that I have read farther, I have started to see the humor. It is a lot better and I do, in fact, like it. Hamlet and Othello are still my favorites, though.