Time

Time

"There will be time, there will be time To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet” (Eliot 26-27)

I chose this quote because I thought it meant to embrace life. I took it as a meaning to take your time and things will get done.  There is a time and a place for everything. Sometimes we go too fast and forget to embrace the little things. There will be time to meet new people and experience new things, but the time might not be now.

I agree with you. I think that we do things way too fast and forget to live in the moment. This reminds me of the song (You'll like this Dr. Jerz, country fan that you are) "Days Go By" by Keith Urban. He talks about this kind of thing and gives examples of it. It's an awesome song if you've never heard it and I highly suggest listening to it. RIGHT NOW!

Woah, there!

I admitted that I occasionally listen to country. That's not quite the same thing as identifying myself as a country fan. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

In all seriousness, country ballads are one of the few popular music genres where the words really matter. And there is a subgenre of country songs that deal with the everyday troubles of having a family and paying the bills, so I'm likely to be emotionally involved with the stories they tell.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/lonestar/mr_mom.html

Stephanie Wytovich said:

Wow! I reallllllly liked your take on this quote. I totally agree with you, and honestly I dont even know what else to add to it because I think you hit the nail right on the head :)

Awesome job!! :)

Ally Hall said:

I really liked your take on the quote. I chose the same quote but I took it a different way, thinking that the narrator was worrying about aging and how he looked and took it to be vainity. but I really liked your interpretation. :)

Juliana Cox said:

I also agree. We need to take the time to appreciate the little things because life changes in the blink of the eye and many of us do not want to have to look back and think what we didn't spend time doind. INstead we want to think that we took life one day at a time and lived each day like it was our last.

Deana Kubat said:

i would have never thought of looking at it like that, but i like the way you think. now that i read what you put down and thought about it, it fits perfectly.

AngelicaGuzzo said:

That is exactly what I was trying to say. This poem really meant a lot to me. I felt very passionate about it.