Portfolio Two: http://... (I promise you can read the titles now!)

Carissa Liberty Altizer

Dr. Jerz

Writing About Literature, EL 237

Portfolio 2: 

I feel like I'm starting to understand blogging a bit better now.  When I first started, I had no idea how to begin but now I've even mastered putting titles in place of urls.  I think the presentation of Portfolio Two versus Portfolio One is much cleaner and easier to read because of the titles.  I'm starting to feel more comfortable with this program, and that is a big step since this is the first project I have ever worked on outside of Microsoft Office.  I think blogging had the largest impact on me when our class was reading The Quick and the Dead.  Classmate responses and posting my own questions truly helped me to understand and appreciate the book better.  

1. Coverage: I wrote a response for every article, poem, and work of literature that we have read thus far.

What Would William Think? -A look at Shakespeare and feminism

Quit Your Books and Grab Your Hippi Skirts!- Fun take on Wordsworth "The Tables Turned" by comparing it to the average college student's perspective 

Feeling Like a Fool...-What is a foolscap?

Sign Up to be a Lawyer - You'll Make More Money-English, making an argument, and the easy path towards making a lot more money...

Truly Alone Or A Few Feet From Home?-How far from civilization was Robert Frost?  A look into his loneliness. 

The Monkey On Your Back Has Climbed Into Your Brain-Examining Ray's character

The Missing Parent Problem Increases-Do any of William's characters have responsible parents?

Matriarch -Williams quote about the matriarchal elephant hits home

Review Of True Grit by Ron Carlson- My opinion of a book review on Close Range, a book of short stories where Brokeback Mountain was originally found before the movie was made and the book was sold on it's own.

Roberts Ch. 8: The Siamese Tail - Ch 8, Question 4, letter C exercise.  I wrote a poem about my grandparents snobby cat that included imagery and senses.  

2. Depth: These are what I believe to be my best blogging samples.

What Would William Think?

Quit Your Books and Grab Your Hippi Skirts!

The Monkey On Your Back Has Climbed Into Your Brain

The Missing Parent Problem Increases

3. Discussion: These articles have sparked comments or discussions from my peers.  They range from four to one comment.

Sign Up to be a Lawyer - You'll Make More Money

The Missing Parent Problem Increases

Matriarch 

Truly Alone Or A Few Feet From Home?

4. Interaction: These articles are examples of blogs where I either disagreed with the opinions of my fellow classmates or added a meaningful comment to their blog discussion.

CAN SOMEBODY FILL ME IN? BY Karyssa Blair 

WORDS YOU NEVER HEAR IN ARIZONA BARS - Dave Wilbanks

WHO SAW THAT COMING?  WE DID. - Josie Rush

CHARACTERS REALLY MAKE THE STORY- Jessica Krehlik

IF YOU CAN'T READ HIM, READ A PARODY - By Josie Rush

BLAST THAT TRUMPET ANGEL - By Brooke Kuehn

5. Xenoblogging:

I joined in on Josie's blog by responding to Diana's exclamation about the language in Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet).  I recommended a book on Shakespeare's bawdy.  I later followed up on the conversation and suggested that bloggers check out Dave's sight because it it had similar content.

The Comment Informative: BLAST THAT TRUMPET ANGEL - By Brooke Kuehn

I made a few book suggestions to Brooke that may make her Shakespeare/Chaucer experiences a little more enjoyable. 

The Comment Primo: NO, YOU'RE IT - By David Wilbanks

I was the first to start a conversation with David and then I followed up later.

The Comment Primo: CAN SOMEBODY FILL ME IN? BY Karyssa Blair 

I thought that Karyssa's insight about the owl/Corvus connection was really insightful. Our blog sparked conversation in class before the book made an obvious connection between Corvus' name and the owl.

The Comment Gracious:Jessica's blog inspired me to write a blog about Ray because she blogged about every character but him.  I felt like Ray was left out and needed some attention.  CHARACTERS REALLY MAKE THE STORY- Jessica Krehlick 

The Monkey on Your Back Has Climbed Into Your Brain

6. Wildcard: Quit Your Books and Grab Your Hippi Skirts!  I chose this blog as my wildcard because it generated conversation by relating Wordsworth "The Tables Turned" to the life of the average college student.  I snagged classmates attention by using an interesting, rhyming title, and I my peers were able to easily relate to the topic.  I didn't go extremely in depth, but I did examine specific references and lines within the poem.  

7. Timely: I'm still having some difficulty getting my entries blogged in a timely manner, but the majority are all in before class begins.

Review Of True Grit by Ron Carlson

I wrote Feeling Like a Fool... after class because I was still confused about foolscaps.

Several of my blogs began classroom conversations.

What Would William Think?

Truly Alone Or A Few Feet From Home?

The Missing Parent Problem Increases

Matriarch 

Class Comments