Thunder Love

In Chapter 5 of The Great Gatsby there is a long paragraph that quotes: 

"Outside the wind was loud and there was a faint flow of thunder along the Sound.All the lights were going on in West Egg now; the electric trains, men-carrying, were plunging home through the rain from New York.  It was the hour of a profound human change, and excitement was generating on the air..."

It seems funny to me that this "faint flow of thunder" is mentioned and I think it is foreshadowing the the day when Tom figures out what is going on between Gatsby and Daisy, Daisy's wreck with Myrtle, and Gatsby's death.  I think throughout the story the thunder gets closer and closer and louder and louder.  Thunder represents a storm so thi's thunder represents some "storm" so to speak passing through the Buchannan family.

"It was the hour of a profound human change" seems to me like it's talking about Tom and Daisy's relationship.  Tom is realizing he doesn't know who Daisy knows and what she does when she's off on her own.  It is a change for him.  The quote also foreshadows the end of the book when Tom and Daisy leave the city because they needed a human change. 

I think it is also strange that it is a "faint flow." When I think of thunder, I think of something loud and sharp.

It was also a human change for Nick. He talks later about how he realizes they were all Midwest folk that tried to live in the East, but somehow that never suited them.

Carlos Peredo said:

Building on from what you said, I think change is a powerful theme throughout the book. Tom and Daisy are in West Egg only after spending a year (I think?) in Europe and having left the West prior to that. It seems that nearly every character has some story about moving around and migrating from place to place.

In fact, the only character who might not is Jordan, but I'm not sure if we are ever told her back story. I got a faint impression that she grew up with Dasi though, am I crazy? Is she a New York native?

Jordan grew up near Daisy's hous because Jordan mentions that a guy named Biloxi stays at her father's/her house in Louisville, which is where Daisy had her hometown wedding.