If i were him....

"All right, i'm going to baptize you now", and without more warning, he tightened his hold and swung him upside down and plunged his head into the water.  he held him under while he said the worlds of baptism and then he jerked him up again and looked sternly at the gasping child." (O'Connor 44-45)

what a way for a little child to be baptized.  almost being drown!  poor little kid, didn't even know what was going on until his head was under the water and the preacher was praying.  if that would have happened to me, i think i would have been so afraid of water that i never would have even gotten another bath for the rest of my life. 

Juliana Cox said:

Yes, I agree. I also think it is important for to recognize how in the end of the story the little boy kept trying to drown himself but it wasn't working cause nothing was holding him down. It wasn't until the current came and pulled him down did he drown. So in order to drown the boy needed a struggle to end his life. So I see it as he fought to end his life when many people fight for their lives.

Juliana Cox said: