« Question the Question | Main | Don't skip over the boring stuff »

Pleasantly Surprised

WB 5

So, I will admit that I was a wee bit nervous as President Boyle hovered over me in class on Wednesday. I had read an article that used her as a source (big surprise here, I read the NY Times football story). I had prepared questions that I would theoretically like to ask Dr. Boyle,and I had even invented possible answers I might receive from her. All of my questions dealt with the introduction of the football team at Seton Hill, but I wish I had prepared some other general questions to ask her. I am not very good at asking people questions, and I usually need to think about what exactly I'm going to ask in advance. I know, I know, I should have asked President Boyle a question in order to practice and improve my reporting skills, but I found Dr. Boyle's powerful presence incredibly intimidating, especially in comparison to my blatant amateurism. So, shy little me did not ask President Boyle any questions, but I enjoyed listening to her respond to other people's questions. I learned a lot from simply listening. For example, I had heard the rumor that Seton Hill might build another residence hall, but wasn't sure if I should believe it or not. The fact that President Boyle acknowledged the possibility is exciting because I think that's something we are definitely going to need on this campus soon, if not now. At the beginning of the school year, residence life was so swamped with room requests that they had four upperclassmen men living in the lounge in the basement of Havey Hall.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on October 26, 2007 9:17 AM.

The previous post in this blog was Question the Question.

The next post in this blog is Don't skip over the boring stuff.