« Editorial | Main | Briefing On Media Law »

What an activity!!!

I was extremely overwhelmed by our lab on Friday, October 21, 2005. Not only did I try to write down the WHOLE article at first, but obviously I didn't understand the directions! Therefore, the first reading for me was not of any use because during the ten minutes we actually had to write, I couldn't remember anything about the story because I was still stuck on the first paragraph! I can remember looking up and giving Prof. Jerz a blank stare for about two minutes wondering, "What in the world am I going to write about?" After rereading the article, I had a better understanding of the article. After writing my article and then listening to my classmates talk, I realized that I was only half correct. I know this is a learning experience but I was definately not ready for this one! I was ecstatic when Jerz announced that this was only a "lab" meaning "practice" and therefore the activity would be worth ZERO points!! Whew! This was a fun way to end my week. I enjoyed trying something new, even though (as I said before) it was difficult. However, I am sp glad we all were in the same boat. (Looking back now, I can remember looking at Denamarie and both of our eyes lit up and seemed to be saying, "Oh my gosh. This is yet another activity that will lower my grade...and I can not afford this!" ) Once again, I enjoyed the activity and it was definately a worthwhile experience!

Posted by ElyseBranam at October 21, 2005 01:00 PM