« AP Guide To News Writing ::9-10:: | Main | I KNOW YOU WANT TO TAKE A PEEK... »

Amanda Cochran

First off, let me tell you that I have never seen someone who is so enthused about being a journalist then this young woman! Not only was she head over heels for her job, but she seemed to have no problem explaining how she made the gov. mad (which was a very cute story), or what she felt like AFTER she made him mad! She was very interesting and has abled me to focus on the different aspects of journalism and what journalism should be. This would include that journalism should be FUN and INTERESTING. Lately, I have been having trouble writing articles and I think that her lecture has helped to get me off my heels and begin to pick up where I left off.

Posted by ElyseBranam at November 8, 2005 10:23 AM

Journalism -is- fun and interesting when you make a story your own.

I've been given stories that I hate, but you still work with it and add your own flair to it.

Good luck with your articles and...the _Setonian_ is a great place to begin submitting. I didn't talk about the payoffs of this field very much in my lecture, but I'd like to add that there's nothing better than seeing your name over your work in print. It's tangible. It's there as a record. It's a reference for other people. It passed inspection. It's proof that you have made something, created something that will influence and inform. With that in mind, I think journalists get God complexes sometimes... :-D

Posted by: Amanda at November 8, 2005 05:02 PM