Plath, a young talent with pain & depression that evolved into death

In reading Plath's poems for the selection of poems for this week I found it very sad that so many of these poets were all manic depressants, alcoholics and other conditions.  But to see that Plath died due to her own attempts of suicide, at age 30, was very sad.  How she did this by taping off the children's room and by turning on the gas of the stove was scary, not only did she succeed at taking her own life but she could have taken her children's, and she almost took a neighbors  as well.  She obviously was depressed and saddened by her father and husband.   She felt abandoned and than moving into a marriage where her husband cheated on her was only more to her pain she was already suffering.  In reading the poem Tulips is was quite disturbing.  You can feel the pain that she must have been writing about, I am sure in one of her visits to the hospital since she tried to commit suicide more than once and than succeeding finally.  The many references throughout this poem give that sad very depressing feel to this poem, such as about her family,"Their smiles catch onto my skin, little smiling hooks. ", "A dozen red lead sinkers round my neck.", and "And I have no face, I have wanted to efface myself.  The vivid tulips eat my oxygen."    We can see that Plath feels no desire to go on, and it seems that everyone and every little thing becomes a horrible nightmare that is coming to get her in one way or another.  Her poems may have been very successful but it is also very sad that she fell so deep into her condition that she could not pull out of it.