Act it, even if it's not real

While it may be the hour at which I am doing this, or I am simply fried from working on this for a couple of days, I find this section of the reading to be more difficult than the others.  
There are two specific passages that I pulled out, "I withdrew yet farther into my shell" (CH 13 para 12), and "if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours" (CH 18 para 5).

These two readings had many similarities to the first two.  They continued the nature trends as well as the unique style that Thoreau writes with.  The attention to details still amazes me.  I would not have thought that a male writer could describe something so well as to create a perfect image.  I suppose I am biased against males in that respect as my experience with them in person is limited and I do not often see that capability in those that I know.

I feel that there are many references to being alone throughout his writing as well.  This touches base very well and surprised me that it would affect me so.

Sarah Durham said:

Being alone? I did not think about Thoreau that way as I was reading but it would explain why he was able to create such detailed images. Without a companion to share ideas with, he simply shared them with the world. Explaining each thought in great detail to provide us with a difficult read at first but a beautiful picture once it clicked.

Yeah, that's what always caught my attention. Yes, there are a TON of details, but I always found when Thoreau mentioned being alone. Whether he was describing himself or someone/something else. It's not a prominent theme, but it felt to always be there in the undertones.