Oh science, how I do Hate thee

After reading all the assigned works by Poe, I had to go back to what we did the very first day.  If you haven't already, look at Poe's "Sonnet: To Science"  and the first poem on our list, which is also, "Sonnet - to Science."
See any similarities?  I could not find ANYTHING on why there are two versions of this poem, except for a brief statement on this website.  Which skims over that it is one of Poe's earlier poems and may not be exactly as he wrote it.  There are only 3 lines that are different, the last three, some word choices and punctuation changes.  
I found the first one we read to be more aggressive, so to speak, since it uses the tamarind tree instead of shrubbery, but overall they are very similar.  With a little more insight from Foster, Poe says "Vulture! whose wings"  as well as "Albeit, he soar," two descriptions of how science is flying free with all things beautiful are getting dragged to the ground.  
Opening this up to discussion, but are they the same poem just different versions?  Does that make them the same or different?  Which one did Poe really want people to read, or did he want both read?

Additional information:
This website gives different versions of the poem, when it was written.  I still have no idea why there are two versions of this poem!  It is interesting that the newest version we got was found in text in 1829 and the original one we read was found in text in 1843, even though our copy says the poem was written in 1829.

KatieLantz said:

I actually think that this is the same poem, just with a little bit of word change. When I went to the first website, I got the impression that Poe wanted to change around some words because it sounded as if he didn't want to plagiarize (the sin of plagiarism)...

You had great analysis of the poems and I really enjoyed seeing the differences between the two versions.