« More Than It Seems | Main | Careful Wording »

Portfolio 1 - Take Two (American Literature 1800-1915)

This is my eighth blogging portfolio--my seventh for literature courses. It was interesting looking back at these entries and comparing them (by memory, anyways) to literature entries I've written in the past. I've noticed that I seem to be focusing on smaller details within the stories much more often now than when I used to. Anyways, here's a list of all of the blogs I've posted thus far this semester.

Coverage (This is a complete list of all of the blogs I've posted this semester)

~"More Than Just A Room"--entry for Poe's "The Masque of the Red Death"
~"It's All In The Details"--entry for Hawthorne's "Young Goodman Brown"
~"Quest For Reason"--entry for the Introduction through Chapter 3 of Foster's How to Read Literature Like a Professor
~"Foreshadowing"--entry for chapters 1-6 of Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
~"The Scarlet Letter Is Taking Over"--entry for chapters 7-13 of Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
~"The Name Game"--entry for chapters 5-7 of Foster's How to Read Literature Like a Professor
~"More Than Just Words"--entry for chapters 14-21 of Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
~"Pearl and the Letter"--entry for chapters 19-24 of Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
~"Some Were Born Great . . ."--entry for chapters 8-10 of Foster's How to Read Literature Like a Professor
~"Keeping Focus"--entry for Melville's "Bartleby, the Scrivener: A Story of Wall-street"
~"Wallpaper Prison"--entry for Gilman's "The Yellow Wallpaper"
~"What Does It Mean?"--entry for the Interlude and Chapters 11 and 12 of Foster's How to Read Literature Like a Professor

Depth (This is a list of the blogs that go more in depth.)

Interaction (These are some of the best comments I've left on classmates' blogs.)

~"Why does Hawthorne always beat the reader over the head with meaning"--David Wilbanks's blog
~"Real Vampires Don't Sparkle"--David Wilbanks's blog
~"Set Upon the Heart"--Katie Lantz's blog
~"The Truth Will Be Revealed"--Jamie Grace's blog

Discussions (This is, sadly enough, the only blog I've written this semester that has sparked a discussion.)

~"Quest For Reason"--entry for Foster's How to Read Literature Like a Professor

Timeliness (This is a list of all the blogs I've posted on time.)

Xenoblogging (These are comments I've left on classmates' blogs that happened to be the first comment they received.)

~"Strangeness and Familiarity"--Katie Lantz's blog

Wildcard (Though this is one of my shorter blogs, I think this is the best because it pays close attention to and examines a small detail--smaller than those in other entries.)

Classmates' Portfolios

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on September 22, 2009 7:37 PM.

The previous post in this blog was More Than It Seems.

The next post in this blog is Careful Wording.