Just Do It!

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." (Thoreau Ch 18 Para 5)

Throughout Walden, Thoreau has emphasized the necessity of action and deed over the notion of word or thought (while he ponders in the medium of written word...hmmm).  Nonetheless, the above quote is a good summary of Thoreau's philosophy and one that I have held true in my own life and try to uphold in everything I do.  While I have disagreed with quite a bit of what Thoreau has said (or at least what I think he was saying-gotta admit this was a tough read haha) I agree wholeheartedly with this chosen quote because if you never try to achieve the things you've dreamed then what by way of true happiness have you known but when we move toward attaining our dreams and making our lives spectacular, damn the risk and damn the consequences then we've already succeeded.